To better inform you about the position, we have recorded a podcast, in which we interview Karl Vilhelm Piene, Senior Vice President Technical IT of Norwegian, about the company, expectations for the role and what you can expect in this position: https://soundcloud.com/user-485305904-808676494/norwegian-cloud-specialist
- Maintain, support and develop new solutions that support the organisation’s functional needs (including our existing ‘on-prem’ solutions).
- Ensure that the solutions are well coordinated with our IT strategy and architecture. In short, we shall be well prepared for our cloud journey.
- Function as a link between IT and business operations.
- Ensure that the IT department has enough of the right skills to respond to demand from the business operations.
- Responsibility for our application portfolio.
- You will be expected to stay updated on technological developments and proactively suggest solutions that optimise business value.
- Your role will be pivotal in our cloud journey, and you will be expected to act as a ‘beacon of expertise’ in this area.
- The position will require a balanced understanding of traditional middleware as well as future cloud integration.
- Maintain a strong focus on IT security and take an active role in creating a culture that focuses strongly on IT security.
- Serve as a driving force for increased automation across the organisation.
Whom are we looking for?
- Higher technical education, with knowledge of at least one programming and/or automation language.
- Experience with cloud services (SAAS, PAAS, IAAS) and AWS is an advantage.
- Preferably experience from systems management of large-scale technological solutions.
- You have a good business understanding and the ability to see the needs of users, while having a strong interest in IT and the use of new technology.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Norwegian and the ability to communicate complex technological insight to the business communities and senior management.
- An analytical mindset, with a flair for operational and strategic issues.
- Determined, with the ability to follow through.
- Relationship-building skills, enjoys the role of being ‘the spider in the web’.
- The role involves a shift roster, which may entail evening and weekend work.
Our pledge to you:
- You will have a key role in the development of a fast-growing international company, with real influence on our cloud journey.
- You will be part of Norwegian’s internal IT community, which is now gearing up for the future. The community consists of highly skilled staff who enjoy support from all parts of the organisation.
- Our offices are at Fornebu outside Oslo, but we make provisions for flexible working also post-COVID-19. Some travel must be expected.
- We offer a competitive salary, pension, and insurance schemes, including discounted air travel. We value a good work-life balance.
Are you curious to know more?
Do not hesitate to contact our recruitment partner MeyerHaugen AS for an informal chat about the role, via Henrik Andersson, Partner, by phone + 47 416 70 787 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively Ingrid Sæthre, Manager, by email email@example.com or phone + 47 942 87 344.
The application deadline is 28 February, 2022. Please note that applications will be assessed as they are received.
Did you know?
- We aim to be the most carbon and resource-efficient airline in the world by introducing new technology as soon as it becomes commercially available.
- Many people refer to our aircraft as ‘the red nose’, because of the bright red colour of the aircrafts’ nose.
- The tailfins of our aircraft are emblazoned with pictures of heroes that have challenged social norms and inspired others.
- We taught Norwegian air passengers to book tickets online.
- We have one of the world’s youngest and most fuel-efficient aircraft fleets.