About the position
The overall goal of the senior design position is to design attractive interface across Norwegian’s digital channels and own the design system and visual toolbox. To better inform you about the position, we have recorded a podcast (in Norwegian), in which we interview Dina Doder, Head of UX and Design in Norwegian Air Shuttle, about the company, the department and the role itself:
- Transform complex initiatives across Norwegian’s digital channels to understandable, intuitive and valuable digital services that meet user needs.
- Work on new concepts from initiative og launch, while also optimizing user experience in existing digital touch points.
- Set agenda and lead insight-driven design processes in cross functional efforts.
- Facilitate qualitative and quantitative insights and compile findings
- Visualize how the customer journey should be
- Facilitate workshops and assist stakeholders prioritize scope and complexity
- Contribute to development of Norwegian’s design system
- Contribute setting roadmap for digital channels
- Contribute verifying business initiatives with users needs
- Be a voice of customer in the company
Whom are we looking for?
- Preferably higher design education, with minimum 2+ years of experience from a similar role
- Documented experience with interactive design and customer-centric methodology
- Experience working in cross-functional teams, with UX-designers, developers, product managers and business developers
- Expert in using design tools (e.g., Figma) and strong interest for front-end frameworks (e.g., React and Angular)
- Experience from an in-house design environment or from consultant positions is an advantage
- Interest and experience from e-commerce
- Drive to create best-in-class user experience that will affect millions of travellers
- Focus on continuous improvement, motivated by both large and small opportunities to create a better user experience
- Able to dive into details while maintaining a holistic view
- Places users’ needs, challenges, and desires at the centre of the design process
- Energetic and proactive, not afraid to challenge conventional truths
- Passion about interactive design, trends, and user experience, and how the information architecture illuminates the customer journey
- Understands that design is a team sport, and interdisciplinary efforts create high-value digital services and products
- Professionally updated and curious about the travel / aviation industry
- Fluent in English, preferably in Norwegian too
Our pledge to you
- You will play a key role in developing design across our digital channels
- You will be part of Norwegian´s internal digital community, which is now gearing up for the future. The community consists of dedicated, highly skilled staff who are passionate about creating a frictionless digital experience
- You will play key role building a design system used by both internal and external designers and developers
- Our offices are at Fornebu outside Oslo, but we make provisions for flexible working also post-COVID-19. Some travel may be expected
- We offer a competitive salary, pension, and insurance schemes
- Employee benefits such as discounted air travel
- We value a good work-life balance
Are you curious to know more?
Do not hesitate to contact our recruitment partner MeyerHaugen AS for an informal chat about the role, via Daniel Pedersen, Manager, by phone + 47 40601792 or email email@example.com alternatively Silje Sørensen Hem, Advisor, by or phone + 47 994 09 555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you know?
- We aim to be the most carbon and resource-efficient airline in the world by introducing new technology as soon as it becomes commercially available
- Many people refer to our aircraft as ‘the red nose’, because of the bright red colour of the aircrafts’ nose
- The tailfins of our aircraft are emblazoned with pictures of heroes that have challenged social norms and inspired others
- We taught Norwegian air passengers to book tickets online and have been among the largest e-commerce players in the Nordics for years