Would you like to join Rift Labs on our journey to become the next big Norwegian scale-up adventure? Are you excited by the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology and build a career within a high growth company operating in exciting industries that matter? Our CTO moves into a new role in the company, and we are seeking his replacement.
Rift Labs is on a path to become a global product company and technology leader within professional cinema lighting solutions and Controlled Environment Agriculture (CEA), based on the company's patented technology and expertise within advanced LED software control.
As our new CTO, your most important mission will be to ensure a sustained competitive advantage and a strong product offering, through the successful management of the technology department, consisting of 8-10 highly competent engineers and scientists across disciplines such as electronics, mechanics, software, AI, and machine learning.
As a senior member the of the leadership team, you will exercise executive discretion and authority across the company, providing positive leadership that reaches beyond engineering, providing input to the company’s evolving strategies and business plans.
- Develop and implement our technology strategy, aligning it with the overall business strategy
- Drive the organization to achieve key objectives in line with plans, strategy, and budget
- Define, build, and develop a world-class technology team to meet dynamic business needs, including organizational planning and recruitment
- Externally drive technology innovation and leadership in the cinema lighting and Controlled Environment Agriculture (CEA) industries, through authoring white papers for advanced concepts, engaging with key R&D stakeholders and presenting at public forums
- Planning, executing, and reporting on key projects
- Identify and maintain relationships with strategic technology partners
Required qualifications and skills:
- Relevant higher education, preferably master’s degree
- Relevant work experience, including experience managing a team and hands-on engineering roles
- Previous experience as director or technology manager with responsibility for development of physical products, including relevant domain experience with a consistent, successful track record of continuously releasing new products and systems into the marketplace
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles, understanding the importance and value of KPIs, process controls and systems
- Highly organized, strategic, and business-oriented
- Efficient team-builder with strong communication and motivational skills
- Decision-maker capable of identifying technology challenges and initiating actions as necessary
- Ability to keep a cool head under pressure
- Willingness to get his/her hands dirty and pitch in when needed
- Bonus points if you have any industry experience from or knowledge of the cinema lighting or Controlled Environment Agriculture (CEA)
To better inform you about the position, we have recorded a podcast, in which we interview CEO Halvard Aagaard about the company, expectations for the role and what you can expect in this position: Podcast
What can we offer you?
- An exciting role in which you will influence and participate in developing Rift labs
- Become a part of an exciting journey
- Competitive salary and benefits, including stock options
- Good opportunities for career progression and personal development
- Award-winning products and technology that you can be proud of
Do not hesitate to contact our recruitment partner MeyerHaugen AS for an informal chat about the role, via Øystein Gjuvsland, by phone +47 991 10 955, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.