We are Norwegian all the way and will be our customers smart move; we work hard to be the lowest-cost choice with the highest-quality experience. We aim to be the sustainable option and a reliable ride by delivering smart solutions for our customers so they can tailor their journey to match their needs. Make a smart move now and join our team!
About the role
Do you want to take the lead role to ensure that Norwegian IT Operations, Infrastructure and applications are working efficient with a good quality and low downtime? The role as Senior Manager IT operations will work securing that Norwegian have processes and tools to control the total IT Operation and ensure good communication between other departments and teams in Norwegian.
We are looking for an expert leader to drive Infrastructure & Network Security maturity improvements across the organization, in line with the changing Threat Landscape, Regulatory and Compliance requirements.
Who are we looking for:
• You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
• You have experience from infrastructure operations, including cloud and transformation to cloud
• You need practical experience in system, installation, configuration, and integration of diverse systems, in trouble shooting and problem resolution
• You have a vast experience in disaster recovery planning and implementation as well as data storage solutions
• Expert knowledge in building and leveraging open source technology
• Excellent command of English (written and oral)
You are our ideal candidate if:
• You have excellent leadership and people skills to be able to lead a team and communicate with other stakeholders
• You are proactive, results oriented and structured
• You take initiative and is self-driven and contribute on evolving the organization
• You have the ability to manage complex issues in a fast-changing environment
Our promise to you
• Our offices are at Fornebu outside Oslo, but we make provisions for flexible working also post-COVID-19. Some travel may be expected
• We offer a competitive salary, pension, and insurance schemes
• Employee benefits such as discounted air travel
• We value a good work-life balance
Do you want to learn more?
We want to give our candidates a clear picture of what the role is about, so we have interviewed Karl Vilhelm Piene, Senior Vice President Technical IT about the role and what Norwegian looks for when they are hiring. Listen in here: https://soundcloud.com/user-485305904-808676494/sr-manager-it-operations
Did you know?
• We aim to be the most carbon and resource-efficient airline in the world by introducing new technology as soon as it becomes commercially available
• Many people refer to our aircraft as ‘the red nose’, because of the bright red colour of the aircrafts’ nose
• The tailfins of our aircrafts are emblazoned with pictures of heroes that have challenged social norms and inspired others
• We taught Norwegian air passengers to book tickets online and have been among the largest e-commerce players in the Nordics for years