ABOUT THE ROLE
As a key figure in our organization, you will assume responsibility for critical areas within our financial operations. Your role will encompass ensuring the accurate and timely preparation and presentation of financial statements, in strict adherence to regulatory standards and internal policies. You will be instrumental in developing and implementing robust internal control procedures to safeguard our financial information while proactively identifying areas for enhancement.
In addition, you will oversee tax preparation and payment processes, assess accounting risks, and collaborate closely with our internal audit and risk management teams. Leading a team of skilled accounting professionals, you will foster a collaborative work environment that promotes professional growth and development. Driving operational efficiency and accuracy will be a priority, as you identify process improvement opportunities and streamline workflows.
Your responsibilities will extend to engaging with stakeholders, auditors, regulators, and executive management, ensuring compliance and maintaining strong relationships. It will be essential for you to stay informed about evolving accounting standards and regulatory changes to ensure our accounting practices remain aligned with requirements and anticipate any potential impacts on financial reporting.
Discover more about the role in this podcast where Alexander Krupchenko (Chief Control Officer) share his insight https://soundcloud.com/user-485305904-808676494/head-of-account-control
Tasks and responsibilities in the role include:
Value creation through planning
- Financial Reporting: Oversee the preparation and presentation of accurate and timely financial statements in accordance with regulatory standards (e.g., IFRS, local GAAP) and internal policies. Ensure compliance with all relevant accounting principles and regulations.
- Internal Controls: Develop and implement robust internal control procedures to safeguard the accuracy and reliability of financial information. Continuously monitor and evaluate control effectiveness and identify areas for improvement.
- Taxes: Oversee the preparation of tax returns, insuring completeness and timely payment of corporate taxes (Corporate income tax, VAT, etc.). Timely identification of tax obligations and responsibilities.
- Regulatory Compliance: Stay up to date with accounting standards, regulatory changes, and industry best practices. Ensure the organization's accounting practices align with regulatory requirements and anticipate potential impacts on financial reporting.
Value creation through coordination
- Stakeholder Management: Collaborate with various stakeholders, auditors, regulators, and executive management.
- Process Improvement: Identify opportunities to enhance accounting processes and systems, driving efficiency, accuracy, and automation where applicable. Streamline financial reporting workflows and implement best practices to optimize operations.
Value creation through the team:
- Risk Management: Assess accounting risks and develop strategies to mitigate potential issues. Collaborate with internal audit and risk management teams to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and adherence to internal control frameworks.
- Team Leadership: Manage a team of accounting professionals, providing guidance, support, and mentoring. Foster a collaborative and high-performance work environment, promoting professional growth and development among team members.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
This role is an ideal fit for passionate individuals who excel in delivering results, have a service-minded approach, embrace challenges, and demonstrate a strong drive to exceed expectations. Effective communication, exceptional teamwork, and a proactive mindset are essential attributes for success in this position.
When evaluation candidates, we will emphasize the following experience, traits, and qualifications:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Finance or Accounting, preferably state-authorized public accountant
- Extensive experience in accounting and financial reporting, preferably in the banking or financial services industry.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and standards (e.g., IFRS, local GAAP) and their practical application.
- Proven experience in managing accounting control functions, internal controls, and risk management processes.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to present complex financial information to non-financial stakeholders.
- Sound judgment and integrity, with a commitment to ethical conduct and professional standards.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English.
Some travel will be required
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to work in a large, high-performing international company, in a dynamic environment that is constantly changing
- A corporate culture that is professional and dynamic, yet informal. Bureaucracy is kept to a minimum, as we expect our skilled employees to make long lasting and impactful decisions to shape our future.
- Highly competent, dedicated, and friendly co-workers with strong collaboration across the Nordics
This position is located at Lysaker.
We offer a very interesting role where you can develop yourself and get insights in strategies, regulations and different committees.
If you have the right profile and enthusiasm, please submit your application and CV as soon as possible, but no later than 13.08.2023. If you have questions, feel free to contact HR Business Partner Nina Røstad at Nina.Rostad@santanderconsumer.no, but for qualifying questions regarding the job add and candidate profiles contact Alexander Krupchenko at Alexander.Krupchenko@santanderconsumer.no.