To better inform you about the position, we have recorded a podcast, in which we interview Knut Olav Høeg, Executive Vice President IT & Business Services of Norwegian, about the company, expectations for the role and what you can expect in this position: https://soundcloud.com/user-485305904-808676494/norwegian-data-protection-officer-gdpr
- Follow-up and quality assurance of Norwegian’s compliance with the GDPR.
- Help provide training and advice, and give guidance to the management and the organisation as a whole in the area of data protection.
- Make provision for training courses and competence enhancement on data protection across the organisation.
- Participate in regional and national networks, while having the role of a ‘beacon of expertise’ internally.
Whom are we looking for?
- Higher education, preferably with some years of experience from a similar role.
- Experience from the interface between IT and business is an advantage.
- Good, verifiable results from lecturing and training activity.
- You have in-depth knowledge of data protection, data protection legislation and information security.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Norwegian and the ability to communicate complex material to a broad segment of the organisation.
- Focus on continuous improvement, with the ability to challenge established truths with concrete proposals for solutions.
- Determined, with the ability to follow through.
- Relationship-building skills, enjoys the role of being ‘the spider in the web’.
Our pledge to you:
- You will have a key role in the development of a fast-growing international company, with real influence on our cloud journey.
- You will be part of Norwegian´s internal IT community, which is now gearing up for the future. The community consists of highly skilled staff who enjoy support from all parts of the organisation.
- Our offices are at Fornebu outside Oslo, but we make provisions for flexible working also post-COVID-19. Some travel must be expected.
- We offer a competitive salary, pension and insurance schemes, including discounted air travel. We value a good work-life balance
Are you curious to know more?
Do not hesitate to contact our recruitment partner MeyerHaugen AS for an informal chat about the role, via Henrik Andersson, Partner, by phone + 47 416 70 787 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively Gabriella Nyborg Hernando, Senior Advisor, by email email@example.com or phone + 47 454 18 002.
Did you know?
- We aim to be the most carbon and resource-efficient airline in the world by introducing new technology as soon as it becomes commercially available.
- Many people refer to our aircraft as ‘the red nose’, because of the bright red colour of the aircrafts’ nose.
- The tailfins of our aircraft are emblazoned with pictures of heroes that have challenged social norms and inspired others.
- We taught Norwegian air passengers to book tickets online.
- We have one of the world’s youngest and most fuel-efficient aircraft fleets.