ABOUT THE ROLE
Internal Governance plays a vital role in ensuring effective, timely, and formal decision-making throughout the bank. It encompasses the internal governance structure, including management and board committees, as well as charters and principles. Additionally, it involves managing and enhancing the bank's internal regulations through the utilization of steering documents, thereby promoting sound risk management. The overarching objective of internal governance is to facilitate efficient decision-making and maintain compliance with decision-making and steering documents.
The Board of Directors (BoD) secretary must ensure good communication and structure between the Board of Directors (BoD), Board Committees, and Management within the bank. This entails managing meeting logistics, facilitating board meetings, including board meetings in the Finish subsidiary (SCF OY BoD) , and providing guidance to presenters in their preparations.. Furthermore, the BoD secretary is accountable for preparing and proposing annual plan in accordance with the BoD charter, policies, legal, and regulatory requirements. The BoD secretary also contribute to the continuous improvement of processes by establishing and maintaining governance frameworks and procedures for the Board, including the BoD of the Finish subsidiary, with a focus on enhancing efficiency and quality.
Curious? Listen to recruiting manager Gunn talk about the position https://on.soundcloud.com/mhR27
Tasks and responsibilities in the role include:
- Provide user support and guidance for the bank's internal regulation process, assisting with the annual review of steering documents or document transpositions, controls, and management reports..
- Support and drive improvements within internal governance, ensuring a well-structured framework and efficient processes for internal regulation.
- Update training materials, templates, and deliver presentations and ad-hoc trainings on internal governance practices.
- Deliver relevant internal governance reports to the Executive Committee (ExCo), Board Risk Committee (BRC), Board of Directors (BoD), and Headquarters (HQ).
- Support and review internal regulation documents within the Internal Governance area, ensuring compliance and effectiveness.
- Assist in the review, analysis, and enhancement of committee charters, workflow, and overall effectiveness.
- Maintain close communication and collaboration with the Board Chair, CEO, ExCo, leaders, and presenters to ensure the Board receives relevant information and facilitate efficient meetings.
- Ensure effective communication and structure between the Board of Directors, Board Committees, and relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare and propose comprehensive Board annual plan, aligned with charter, policies, business needs, legal requirements, and the Bank's Strategy. Offer agenda suggestions and proactively identify focus areas based on strategy and business needs.
- Coordinate Board Meetings by handling invitations, agendas and material review,. Facilitate meetings, track action items, and prepare accurate Minutes of Meeting.
- Support the CEO in selecting external Board members and facilitating Board training and induction programs.
- Streamline and enhance board processes through automation, efficiency improvements, and internal controls.
- Support BoD committees as deputy
WHO WE LOOK FOR
This role is an ideal fit for passionate individuals who excel in delivering results, have a service-minded approach, embrace challenges, and demonstrate a strong drive to exceed expectations. Effective communication, exceptional teamwork, and a proactive mindset are essential attributes for success in this position.
When evaluating candidates, we will emphasize the following experience, traits, and qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years experience from operational risk, governance management, controllership, auditing or similar
- 2-5 years experience with Board secretary work
- Experience with governance, legal and regulatory requirements
- Business and administration, economics, law or similar education & background
- Updated training in governance
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to work in a large, high-performing international company, in a dynamic environment that is constantly changing
- A corporate culture that is professional and dynamic, yet informal. We expect our skilled employees to make long lasting and impactful decisions to shape our future.
- Highly competent, dedicated, and friendly co-workers with strong collaboration across the Nordics
This position can be located in one of our Nordic locations, Hvidovre, Lysaker, Stavanger, Solna or Helsinki.
We offer a very interesting role where you can develop yourself and get insights in strategies, regulations and different committees.
If you have the right profile and enthusiasm, please submit your application and CV as soon as possible, but no later than 13.08.2023. If you have questions, feel free to contact Gunn Løland at email@example.com or +47 97540061.