With increased focus on onboard sales, Norwegian is establishing a new position within the Inflight Retail team. Our target is to introduce performance management within onboard sales, allowing us to set the right inflight sales targets, measure the performance and implement solutions for closing the performance gaps. We are looking for a team member to create a system for onboard sales performance management, to then implement and communicate the targets to our cabin crew. Driving sales engagement, supporting the cabin crew with sales performance updates and sharing best sales practices will be an important aspect of the role once the performance management will be implemented. As this is a new role, you will have the opportunity to influence the development and implementation of crew sales performance management within inflight sales.
Main Objectives and responsibilities
- Stage 1: Development and introduction of onboard sales performance management
- In collaboration with internal stakeholders, develop onboard sales performance management strategy
- Select the right tools for measuring onboard sales performance
- Lead the implementation of the performance management
- Introduce the performance management to the cabin crew
- Stage 2: Running the onboard sales performance management
- In collaboration with internal stakeholders, decide upon the crew sales performance targets
- Build relationships and communicate the sales targets to our cabin crew
- Follow the actual sales performance, analyze gaps, and suggest actions for improvement
- Track the engagement metrics that support the sales performance
- Provide leadership and direction to achieve the inflight growth and transformation agenda
- Identify further opportunities to drive sales engagement and build engagement plans
- Support the cabin crew by sharing the best sales strategies and tactics
- Initiate the required sales skill training for cabin crew
- Excellent collaborative skills with the ability to negotiate, lead and incorporate various perspectives
- Experience with project implementation, ideally within performance management initiatives
- Proactive with the ability to pursue own initiatives and introduce new ideas
- Strong analytical skills, with advanced Excel understanding
- Excellent PowerPoint skills with the ability to communicate set targets and performance to varied audiences
- Good communicator across different areas with the ability to influence decisions
- Hands-on approach to collaborate directly with cabin crew
- Self-driven with positive attitude and interest in the aviation sector
- Structured and able to prioritize due to time pressure.
- Minimum 5 years of experience from similar positions
- Academic degree within the area of Business Administration, Economics, Finance or similar area.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written.
Join us for
- Competitive company benefits including employee priced tickets
- Good pension and insurance schemes
- Positive and exciting place to work in an international organization
- Challenging, variable and dynamic environment
- Hybrid working model
- A possibility to be courageously inventive and set your own footprint in an International organization
Want to know more?
Listen to VP Inflight Retail, Ilze Silina, who eases the veil about Norwegian, and talks about both the role and the culture: Crew Sales Performance Manager
Contact our advisors at MeyerHaugen, Øystein Gjuvsland at email@example.com (991 10 955) or Pål Endre Pedersen at firstname.lastname@example.org (995 82 114) for a confidential and non-binding chat.
So, what are you waiting for?
If you love the thought of working with us, we urge you to click the Apply Now button to complete our online application. You will need to upload a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and tell us why you want to join us.
Please note: We can only accept applications that have been submitted through our recruitment system.
We hope to welcome you on board!